I’m not a psychic. In fact, I’m very creeped out by psychics. However. this is the time of year that people love to make predictions and you don’t have to be a psychic to make predictions. You just have to be willing to be wrong. So, here’s a list of things that I will probably be wrong about in 2013:
- In 2013, people who were convinced the Mayan 2012 prophesy was true will find something else to worry the hell out of themselves about. They will also have fewer friends.
- Some team in some sport will be way better than all the preseason prognosticators will have thought possible. When this happens, refer to this post and say that Jeff told us so.
- Democrats and Republicans will continue to engage in political douchebaggery. And the people that vote for them will continue to point the finger at the other side’s people instead of demanding more from their own.
- I will have a new writing assistant. He/she will be a rescue dog. I will teach him/her to edit my blog posts and tweet about Steampunk Literature.
- Magazines will continue to write about every breath and bowl movement of Princess Kate, despite the fact that we thoroughly ass-whipped England 200+ years ago and we no longer are British subjects.
I hope that you enjoy 2013 and it brings much life, love, and happiness!
Carry on, Citizens!